Researchers from the Chiles Research Institute at Providence’s Robert Franz Cancer Center are currently working on a COVID-19 vaccine based on the virus structure and the body’s immune response.
In the news
- Providence develops potential COVID-19 vaccine; wants feds to start human clinical trials
- 21 companies are working on coronavirus treatments or vaccines
- Providence coronavirus vaccine proposal centers on cancer-fighting technique
Learn more about Providence’s institute model for specialty care.
In addition to our ongoing work with more than 2,300 clinical trials, Providence is partnering with Gilead Sciences Inc. on COVID-19 clinical trials and testing of prescribed medications.
In the news
- COVID – 19 Experimental Drug Cleared for Clinical Trials in Humboldt County
- St. Joseph Hospital patient enters clinical trial for possible COVID-19 drug
- More Encouraging Signs for Remdesivir as COVID-19 Treatment
The Coronavirus Epidemic Registry and Emergency Data Platform enables health systems to track COVID-19 patient census and resources they are utilizing in each facility, such as ICU beds, ventilators, and PPE. The tool also helps us understand community penetration of the virus by zip code with data that informs challenging resource decisions. It can tell us when to initiate universal masking and how to shift supplies between regions to accommodate an anticipated patient surge.