Providence Oregon updated visitor policy
PROVIDENCE OREGON – As we continue to monitor the prevalence of COVID in our community, Providence is now able to allow visitors of all ages, two at a time, for most hospital patients.
- Two visitors at a time are allowed in adult inpatient units, mother/baby units and hospital-based outpatient and procedural
- Special rules apply for people with disabilities or COVID-19, and for those in emergency departments or behavioral health inpatient units.
- Visitors ages 2 and older are expected to remain masked with mask fully covering nose and mouth the entire time they are on the premises.
- All visitors are expected to engage in hand hygiene.
- Adult caregivers for pediatric visitors are responsible for assisting them with masking and hand hygiene as appropriate.
- Pediatric visitors may not stay overnight.
We understand that limiting visitors is difficult for people with sick family and friends in the hospital. Thank you for understanding, as we do our best to balance your loved one’s need for connection with the need to keep everyone safe.