Providence Montana Visitor Policy Update
Effective Date: 4/6/2022
During the COVID-19 pandemic, visitor guidelines may change frequently to support caregiver safety, community safety, or PPE conservation methods. This document outlines the current visitation policy and guidelines. Any visitation privileges described in the document may be changed and/or revoked without warning as conditions in our community change.
Inpatient Visitor Policy: Each inpatient is allowed two (2) visitors, the visitor must be 18 or older and it must be the same visitor for the duration of the hospital stay.
Visitors are not permitted for the following patient populations:
- COVID positive and those patients awaiting test results (aka “rule out” patients)
- There is an ability to further limit visitation by specific unit, patient population, or individual patients as mitigation strategy for infection control purposes
Additional visitors are permitted for the following patient populations:
- Quarantined patients: Allowed 2 visitors. Must wear PPE.
- Children admitted to the hospital
- 2 parents, guardians, or powers of attorney allowed, they can both visit at the same time (for AIU, when approved by the Treatment Team).
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- 2 parents allowed, they can both visit at the same time.
Family Maternity Center
- 3 designated support people allowed, they can all visit at the same time.
- Patient's children, of any age, allowed to visit during visiting hours
- End-of-life patients
- COVID positive and rule out patients – 4 immediate family members allowed (parents, children, siblings, spouse/partner). 2 family members will be allowed to visit at one time, the remaining family members are asked to wait outside of the hospital until it is their turn.
- Non-COVID patients – 8 immediate family members allowed (parents, children, siblings, and spouse/partner). 4 family members will be allowed to visit at one time, the remaining family members are asked to wait outside of the hospital until it is their turn.
Outpatient Visitor Policy: Each outpatient department will determine their own visitor policy based on social distancing capabilities in their space. Outpatient departments are permitted to have up to one (1) visitor per patient, if their space allows.
Any visitor exceptions outside of those identified in this policy need to be approved by the House Supervisor or Nurse Manager. Questions can be escalated to the Administrator on Call for approval, if needed.
Inpatient Visitation Guidelines:
- Visiting hours are 9am – 6pm, visitors should arrive no later than 5:30pm to be screened.
- Visiting hours apply to general inpatient visitors, they do not apply for those visiting patients who are children, in the Family Maternity Center, or end of life.
- NBMI-AIU: Visiting hours are 1530-1730 daily, 1 visitor per unit for 30 minutes at a time, visitors to be screened
- A visitor pass will be issued to approved visitors.
- All visitors must check in at Main Admissions prior to each visit, and in the Providence Center lobby for NBMI/AIU.
- Hospital waiting rooms are closed but visitors are permitted to visit the cafeteria, coffee shop, and gift shop.
- Inpatient visitors must wear a hospital provided mask over their nose and mouth at all times, including when in the patient’s room.
- Any visitor who does not comply with hospital rooms and staff instructions will be asked to leave and may not be allowed to return as a visitor.
Service animals are permitted in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and should be screened per policy upon entrance to the facility.
Vendors and couriers are permitted to enter the facility and should self-screen at the vendor screening desk prior to conducting hospital business.