Holy Cross Medical Center Visitation Guidelines
Updated Visitation Guidelines During COVID-19 – Effective Aug. 11, 2021
According to the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), as of August 11, 2021, all hospital visitors must either show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or present documentation of a negative SARS-CoV-2 test within the last 72 hours. If you need assistance locating a testing facility, please see: https://covid19.lacounty.gov/testing/.
We understand the importance of patients having access to their loved ones while receiving care at Providence hospitals. In light of the recent surge in COVID, the California Department of Public Health has directed hospitals to once again place strict limitations on visitation.
Effective August 11th, each patient may have only ONE VISITOR a day between the hours of 10 a.m. and 6 p.m..
- Be 18 years of age or older
- EITHER provide documentation that they have been fully vaccinated (see list of acceptable documentation below)
- OR provide documentation that they have had a negative COVID test in the last 72 hours.
All visitors will be screened at the hospital entrance for vaccination or testing compliance.
Visitors also will be required to wear a mask inside our facilities regardless of vaccination status.
Additionally, there are a few circumstances where additional visitation is permitted and supported. Please note that the SAME requirements exist regarding age and vaccination or testing.
VISITATION EXCEPTIONS FOR SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES:
Visitors who are temporarily exempt from the vaccine and testing requirements, but must comply with all infection prevention measures (including masking and social distancing) include:
- Visitors who are visiting a patient in critical condition, when death may be imminent.
- In emergent situations, parent or guardian visitors of pediatric patients, a support person for a labor and delivery patient, and support persons for a patient with physical, intellectual, developmental disability, or cognitive impairment are considered visitors who are visiting a patient in critical condition. For subsequent visits following the emergent situation and as soon as reasonably possible, these visitors must comply with the vaccine verification or applicable testing requirements within 72 hours.
We recognize that these changes will be frustrating for some and may evoke strong emotions. Please remember that the intent is to PROTECT YOUR LOVED ONE and the entire community. Our Providence caregivers and providers are here to provide a critical service to you and your family.