Northwest Washington (Everett area)
COVID-19 Update -- Aug. 20, 2021
A Message to our Community about Visitor Restrictions
Hospitals throughout Washington are being impacted by high census. This is true for Providence as well. One of the reasons is the rapid surge in COVID-19 cases. Because of the current outbreak of COVID-19, specifically the Delta variant, we must take extra steps to protect our patients, staff, visitors, and the community.
To do so, we have rolled back our visitor policy to no routine visitation on all patient care units at Colby and Pacific Campuses, with some exceptions.
Summary of new visitor restrictions:
- No visitors on all patient care units at Colby and Pacific Campuses. Exceptions are: Labor and Delivery, the Family Maternity Center, Pediatrics, NICU, and end-of-life visits (limited number of visitors).
- Visitor exception criteria: for patient’s mobility, communication or decision-making support – if escorting a patient because of mobility, visitors may be asked to leave at patient drop off.
- No minors unless by exception or approved by Administrative Supervisor.
- Visitors must go through a COVID-19 screening process upon entering, wear a Providence provided face mask (covering their mouth and nose while in campus buildings), and are required to wear eye protection while within the patient room.
- Colby and Pacific Campus visitors will NOT be allowed to purchase food and beverage from the hospital locations. Exception: Family Maternity Center and NICU visitors are allowed to purchase items from the Bistro at the Pavilion and consume it within the patient room.
Changes to our visitation policy are temporary, we are monitoring this matter closely and will adjust as necessary.
We understand the importance of seeing loved ones while they are receiving care and know the value visitors bring to our patients. During this time of visitor restriction, we encourage our patients and their loved ones to communicate through phone and video calls.
Entry into Our Facilities
Please note that masks are still required for everyone entering our facilities.
Entrance points at the Providence Regional Medical Center Everett hospital campuses are consolidated with screening for COVID-19 symptoms in place at each entrance.
For exception visitors (see above), signage will direct you to appropriate entry points.
Open entrances at Providence Regional Medical Center - Pacific campus:
- Level 1 Main Entrance
- Nassau Parking Garage entrance
- Main Pavilion entrance
Open entrances at Providence Regional Medical Center - Colby campus:
- Emergency Department (this is the only open entrance on the campus from 6:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.)
- Medical Office Building entrance (closes at 5 p.m., M-F and closed weekends with no access to the hospital)
- Parking Garage sky bridge, third floors (for the south sky bridge entrance, see Medical Office Building bullet above for access limitations to the hospital).
- 1717 building (Providence Regional Cancer Partnership) is open from 6:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.
These changes to our visitation policy are temporary and we hope to get back to regular visitation soon. We are monitoring this matter closely and will adjust as necessary. We appreciate your help in keeping our patients, visitors, and caregivers safe. Thank you.