Northwest Washington (Everett area)
A Message to our Community about Visitation
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett
Providence Regional Medical Center has adjusted our visitor policy to keep our patients, visitors, and caregivers safe – while supporting our patients and their families. We continue to monitor the COVID cases in our community and in the hospital and will adjust our visitor policy accordingly.
We understand the importance of seeing loved ones while they are receiving care and know the value visitors bring to our patients. We appreciate your help in keeping our patients, visitors, and caregivers safe. Thank you.
Visitation is open 10 a.m. - 8 p.m., 7 days a week, subject to the guidelines below.
Summary of visitation guidelines:
- All visitation is subject to infection prevention protocols.
- Emergency Department: 2 visitors per day; 2 at a time (24 hours a day/7 days a week).
- Visitation is all hours for: End of Life/Comfort Care visits, parents of minors, or designated visitors for labor and delivery patients.
- Comfort Care / End-of-life patients: 3 visitors at a time (plus clergy).
- Acute Care (most hospital inpatients): 2 visitors per day; 2 at a time
- Imaging (outpatient): 1 visitor
- ICU inpatients: 2 visitors per day; 2 at a time.
- Family Maternity Center (one designated throughout hospital stay; 2 visitors during labor; Postpartum 2 visitors per day, 2 at a time), Pediatrics (2 parents or guardian), NICU (2 designated).
- Patients admitted for surgeries/procedures are allowed to have their visitor(s) enter with them, leave during procedure, and then re-enter at a later time within visiting hours. The visitor does not have to wait until 10 a.m. to come in with the patient.
- Visitor exception criteria: for patient’s mobility, communication or decision-making support – if escorting a patient because of mobility, visitors may be asked to leave at drop off.
- No minors (under age 18) unless by exception (exceptions needed for end-of-life visitation).
- Visitors must self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms upon entering and wear a Providence-provided face mask (covering their mouth and nose while in campus buildings).
- Colby and Pacific Campus visitors are allowed to purchase food and beverage from the hospital locations. If consuming food within the patient room, visitors must re-mask when staff enter the room. Food is not allowed in double rooms.
- Gift shops: All approved visitors are allowed to enter and purchase from gift shops.
Providence Medical Group Clinics
For your safety and ours, visitor restrictions are in place at Providence clinics. Visitors are limited to those accompanying:
- OB patients
- Patients who have physical or cognitive challenges and require a companion
- Pediatric patients – both parents may attend the appointment.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Entry into Our Facilities
Please note that masks are still required for everyone entering our facilities.
Entrance points at the Providence Regional Medical Center Everett hospital campuses are consolidated with self-screening for COVID-19 symptoms in place at each entrance.
Open entrances at Providence Regional Medical Center - Pacific campus:
- Level 1 Main Entrance
- Nassau Parking Garage entrance
- Main Pavilion entrance
Open entrances at Providence Regional Medical Center - Colby campus:
- Emergency Department (this is the only open entrance on the campus from 6:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.)
- Medical Office Building entrance (closes at 5 p.m., M-F and closed weekends with no access to the hospital)
- Parking Garage sky bridge, third floors (for the south sky bridge entrance, see Medical Office Building bullet above for access limitations to the hospital).
- 1717 building (Providence Regional Cancer Partnership) is open from 6:45 a.m. to 5 p.m.