Elevate your game during a time of unprecedented change
Photo by Alex Knight on Unsplash
Content borrowed from Jeremiah Owyang and Scott Monty.
Many people across industries have been negatively impacted by the onslaught of coronavirus. Some have been let go, and others have been asked to reduce hours. The human and financial toll of the pandemic is real and will likely last for months...if not years.
Now is the time to innovate! Limitless learning, networking, and upskilling. Opportunities abound, great ideas often birth in a down market. Never before have we had such ample access to free resources online. Do you have extra time, or you’re in-between your next job? Stay focused, grow, and benefit from this unprecedented time of change.
Submit a resource: Tweet at us: Jeremiah Owyang @jowyang, Scott Monty @scottmonty, or on any social channel (Facebook, Linkedin) and we will add to this list. Resources listed in the order received, not a prioritized list.
Free Online Training: No paid courses will be listed.
1. Universities: 450 Ivy League courses you can take online
2. Universities: 1,500 courses from a wide range of topics
3. Universities: Over 600 classes
4. Salesforce: Trailhead
5. Outsystems: Virtual Developer Certifications
6. Linkedin’s Lynda: One month free of courses
7. SAS: Live lab training and self-learning
8. Codeacademy: Scholarships for students impacted by Covid-19
9. Linkedin Learning: Ten courses to help you be a better professional
10. IBM: Coursera classes, and Data and AI learning
11. Digital Marketer: Marketing Lab playbooks
12. CXL: Growth Marketing Minidegree
13. Google Ads Academy
14. Google Analytics Academy
15. Hubspot Academy
16. IBM Cognitive Class
17. Digital Analytics Podcasts, videos
20. University Automation Anywhere
21. Test Automation University
22. ElevenFifty tech training
23. DevOpsInstitute: Virtual Skill Up Days
24. UIpath Academy: RPA skills
25. Commune Wellness Classes
Free Software: No paid software will be listed
1. Digital Marketer: Marketing Lab playbooks
2. Marketpath CMS for students and teachers
3. (also see list below, under Corporate Goodwill)
Job Boards and Human Resources:
1. A large list of companies hiring remote workers
2. CMX: online Community Professional Roles
3. Human Services: Fed, State, Tools, Remote Working via Casebook
4. March 26: “Who’s Hiring”
8. Zirtual: virtual assistants
9. Time Etc: virtual assistants
1. Physical business/tech conferences that are now Virtual (list by Jeremiah Owyang)
2. Conferences that offer “Tech Skills”
3. Inspiration: Visit a museum, virtually
1. Corporate Goodwill during the outbreak (list by Scott Monty)
Remember, the world’s best innovations often birth and grow in a down market --there are many opportunities!
About the Author