For our maternity patients
We know COVID-19 is causing concern at such a joyous time for you and your loved ones. We want to assure you that we are taking every precaution to protect you and your baby.
We are working closely with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as state and local health authorities, to ensure we continue delivering safe, quality care while limiting further spread of the virus.
Until you give birth, we urge you to take care of yourself by limiting social contact and following hygiene recommendations, including frequent hand-washing.
We are taking the following precautions to ensure the safety of our patients, our staff and our doctors:
- All our employees and doctors must assess their own health each day before work, and stay home if they have symptoms.
- Everyone is screened for fever prior to entering the hospital. Anyone with a fever (except for patients) will be turned away.
- If employees or doctors develop COVID-19 symptoms at work, they are required to leave.
- We have a temporary no visitor policy, with an exemption for one adult visitor in Maternity.
- We are treating COVID-19 patients in a separate area of the hospital to contain the virus, which keeps other areas safe, such as our maternity unit.
- We continuously disinfect the entire hospital.
- You and your baby will be discharged as soon as we know you are well enough to go home, and our care team will follow up.
- We know you want to introduce loved ones to the new member of the family, but please consider virtual connections to show off your baby.
For follow-up questions, please contact your provider, consider our Circle app for new parents and, for mild health concerns, ExpressCare Virtual provides virtual visits with nurse practitioners who can assess concerns, prescribe, chart and recommend next steps in the safety of your home.
We’re in this together and know much better days are ahead. Congratulations on your expanding family!
About the Author