New Visitor Policy
The health and safety of our patients, visitors and caregivers is very important to us. The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) recently updated its COVID-related public health orders. The updated order states that health care facilities no longer need to screen visitors for COVID symptoms and ensure proof of COVID vaccination or a negative COVID test.
According to CDPH, the updated guidance is due, in part, to the increase in the number of Californians—especially health care workers in high-risk settings—who are fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19. Currently, 80% of Californians 12 years and older have received both doses of their COVID-19 vaccines and 48% have received their first booster dose.
Effective Sept. 17, 2022, each hospital will return to its pre-COVID visitation guidelines. Please visit each hospital’s website for the most up-to-date visitor policy.
Despite these changes, visitors and caregivers in all hospitals are still required to comply with the CPDH Masking Guidance and follow existing infection prevention practices.
Due to the pandemic, there may be frequent changes to the visitor policy. Please check here for the most current update or call the hospital you wish to visit. Further information about the new restrictions and visitor policy are listed below by hospital. We encourage any visitors to review the site of the hospital they plan to visit for the most up-to-date guidelines.
Thank you for helping keep patients, visitors, staff and physicians safe.
Visitor Guidelines by Hospital
- Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center
- Providence Holy Cross Medical Center
- Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro
- Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance
- Providence Mission Hospital Laguna Beach
- Providence Mission Hospital Mission Viejo
- Providence Saint John's Health Center
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center, Burbank
- Providence St. Joseph Hospital Orange
- Providence St. Jude Medical Center
- Providence St. Mary Medical Center